Thursday, August 19, 2010

How to connect printer to iMac via wireless?

I have a brand new HP printer connected via usb to my windows vista computer downstairs. I have an iMac upstairs. How can connect my iMac to the downstairs printer using wireless? I don't really want to use AirPort Express. Is there another way? Thanks!How to connect printer to iMac via wireless?
Does the printer support WiFi Network Printing (either with a built-in WiFi card or using an add-on)? My Canon didn't come with WiFi built in, but I got an adapter from the Apple Store (made by Canon for that specific printer) so it's WiFi itself. When I set up Print options on my iMac (and NetBook running OS X) it shows up as a network printer and I can wirelessly print to it. I got mine in 2007 though - a lot of current printers come with built in WiFi and/or bluetooth printing.





Go to the HP web site and download the manual for your printer - look for the section for wireless printing and it will show you how to set it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment