Thursday, August 19, 2010

How can I find a printer compatible with my old computer?

I have an 8 year old computer - this was even before USB. A few months ago my HP Deskjet 600C gave up the ghost and I've been attempting to fins a replacement. When I go to electronic stores and ask for a parallel port printer, I just receive incredulous looks and the comment that they aren't being made any longer. All the new printers require USB connections and at least 256 MB RAM (mine has 128MB). I can't buy one off the Internet because I don't have a credit card. I also tried Craig's list, but parallel port printers are few in number and the ones I inquired about aren't guaranteed to work. Any suggestions?How can I find a printer compatible with my old computer?
Ebay cheapHow can I find a printer compatible with my old computer?
Get a USB expansion card. They are dirt cheap, and will open up the world of USB to you. Some also have Firewire ports and memory stick / sd card slots on them if you get a front panel type one.





Enjoy !!
People scrap these printers as they get new computers. If you buy a new Dell computer it does not even have parallel port! I would try FreeCycle for your area.
If you are in the bay area, e-mail me and I can give directions to a place that has reliable used printers.


Just about any major city has printer repair companies that usually have older units they have bought or traded for in upgrades. Check the yellow pages in your area.
  • skin itching
  • bob hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment