Thursday, August 19, 2010

How can I get printer driver for HP5600 to download to my HP Vista laptop?

When trying to install printer driver using the CD for Vista that came with my new All-in-One printer, it stops installing part way through and says ';HP Installer Option Plug-In has stopped working'; and that the extended attributes are inconsistent. I have disabled anti-virus and also tried downloading directly from HP site, but nothing I do seems to work. How can I get printer driver for HP5600 to download to my HP Vista laptop?
You could try an automatic driver update utility. It may locate a driver that will actually work. I had a similar problem where I was downloading a driver that was supposed to be correct but it would not function. I found and tried Driver Detective at http://www.pcdriverupdate.com and it found the driver I needed and set it up for me. In a few minutes I was done. Try the free scan on that site and see what it finds.





Hope it helps you. Peace!How can I get printer driver for HP5600 to download to my HP Vista laptop?
Ther should be an updated version on HP's site with the correct drivers.






http://www.hp.com and click help. They have a live chat tech that can help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment