Saturday, August 21, 2010

How can i control who can use my printer that is hooked up to my wireless print server?

My printserver is registered in a public network, my colleges network, but i want to set it to only i can use my printer, not everyone at my school. Is this possible?How can i control who can use my printer that is hooked up to my wireless print server?
The network has to put a password on the printer or take it out of the network.How can i control who can use my printer that is hooked up to my wireless print server?
1 ways. one ask the IT department to restrict it.


2 take out the network cable and plug it right into your pc via paralell or usb, then load the drivers then don't share it.
Most prinservers have an admin page that you can set a password on, Check the Manual that came with the printserver you've got, or Supply the model Number of your print server.

No comments:

Post a Comment