Saturday, August 21, 2010

How do I add a printer to my wireless network?

I have a desktop computer (running Windows XP) with a printer connected to it. I am running a wireless network as I also have 3 laptops (1 running XP, 2 running Vista) that I would like to be able to connect to this printer. Can someone help me with this? My wireless network is through AT%26amp;T U-Verse so no external wireless router is being used.How do I add a printer to my wireless network?
You should just be able to open the printers page in control panel and right click on it and select the option to share printer. Then that printer will show up as a shared resource on that computer.





Then on your laptops, you simply go to add printer and try to have it search for the printer over the network. If it finds it, you are good if not you need to manually add it by browsing for it by typing in the computer name.





Sorry I can't be more specific, I am not currently on my xp machine to walk though the process in more detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment