Monday, August 16, 2010

How can I stop my printer from printing a test page each time it is turned on?

Each time I turn my printer on, a test page prints. I want this to action to stop it is wasting ink and paper.How can I stop my printer from printing a test page each time it is turned on?
What operating system are you using and which printer model? i.e. Windows XP with a HP 6570. Also is the PC on whilst the test page is being printed or does a test page get printed out even if the computer is off and you turn on the printer on its own?





Choose edit to update your post, its next to the favourite option.How can I stop my printer from printing a test page each time it is turned on?
Richard J...


I have a HP PSC 1510 and your six steps did the job just fine.


Thanks.

Report Abuse



Please follow exactly and IN ORDER.





1. Turn off the printer and wait 10 seconds. Turn it on again





2. Let the printer print the test page.





3. After the test page is printed, disconnect the USB cable connecting the printer to your computer. DO NOT turn off the printer while disconnecting the USB cable.





4. Place the test page on the scanner glass and press the SCAN button on the printer. The ON light will flash as the page is being scanned.





5. Remove the test page when the ON light is steady.





6. Finally, turn off the printer and wait another 10 seconds. Then turn it on again. No more printing test pages! Yay!





(You may now reconnect the printer to your computer via the USB cable.)



My gf has a hp psc 1317 all in one and it does the same thing. It is standard so just leave it on as she does. There are a few printers out there that do the same thing.
It always helps if you include the make and model number.

No comments:

Post a Comment