Monday, August 16, 2010

How to connect my laptop to my wireless printer without going through a router?

I have a new wireless printer. I connected it fine to my laptop at home running Vista, but can't get it to connect to the laptop in the office running Windows XP. I connect to the internet via a Three dongle, and don't have a router in the office.





So 2 questions really - is it possible to connect my XP-laptop to the printer - and if so - how?





I've read a bit about ad-hoc networks, but can't work it out!How to connect my laptop to my wireless printer without going through a router?
no you cant





You need a router and connect the printer and the laptop to the same networkHow to connect my laptop to my wireless printer without going through a router?
Blue tooth is another option.


It has nothing to do with vista or XP.


Why is your wireless search not detecting the printer. It's to do with wireless driver not being up to date.


You will need to find and down load the latest wireless lan driver for the network card you have in the old laptop, you will find this drive on the manufacturers website of you network card. If that is to much trouble then you can download this driver scanning software to do a scan but they will charge you for getting the latest drives for you. It won't just be the wirless lan driver that is out of date, it will update all your drivers too.http://www.driver-updates.net/?k=Driver%鈥?/a>


You must also download service pack three for XP here for free.


http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/win鈥?/a>


Make sure that you down load the 32 bit version for XP, it should be this one.



you can try bluettoh but your printer should have builtin bluetooth, check if your printer has rj45 if yes you can connect the printer one of the machine and share it
I think if you turn printer sharing on in Vista it should work.





http://inkjetcartridges.hazaa.tv/





http://inkjetinkcartridge.net/
i assume, right click on the network icon on the taskbar %26gt; connect to a network %26gt; highlight the printer and connect

No comments:

Post a Comment