Thursday, August 19, 2010

How do I set up my printer where I can print from my laptop wirelessly?

I just set up my new linksys wireless router, I can't figure out how to set up my laptop or printer where I can print from my laptop. Any help that anyone can give would be very much appreciated.How do I set up my printer where I can print from my laptop wirelessly?
Your printer is by itself or connected to a desktop/laptop using cable? If it is by itself, you have to know the port number that you put the printer on the router. I presume your printer is attach to your desktop. So you have to know your computer name or number that link the desktop to the router. If this is the case, find the number first on your desktop and try to seach for the number using your laptop that is using the start button choose run. A small window will open and ask you to put what are you searching for. Just type http://(type your desktop number here) an click ok. Once you get connected to the printer, windows will instruct you what to do. Of course before you search, pls on the desktop and the printer first. How do I set up my printer where I can print from my laptop wirelessly?
First you need to know the operating system.


You need to know if your printer is networkable. (ethernet or shared through another computer hooked up). If your printer is wireless and has built in you'll be up real quick)


Please post more details.
i dont know how to print wirelessly. But to connect it to the printer you have to install the software (there should be a disc that came with the printer) then connect it to the power and the usb to your laptop. Happy printing!
wellppp ur gunna have to purchase a wireless printing or (accesories) router from best buy or somewhere just go in and tell them what ur tryin to do and they'll give u the tools





hope this helps:)
one word. bluetooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment