Saturday, August 21, 2010

How do I create a wireless connection between my laptop and printer?

I have a desktop and a laptop in my home. I have a wireless router and I want to know if there is anyway to create a wireless connection between my laptop and my printer and scanner. Are only certain printers capable of this?How do I create a wireless connection between my laptop and printer?
If you are using Microsoft Windows on both computers, the easiest way to setup a printer or scanner for wireless printing is to install the printer and scanner on your desktop computer. Next, use the sharing features of Windows to share the printer. On your laptop, go to the control panel-%26gt;Printers and Scanners. Select the option to add a new printer. In the wizard, select ';A network printer or a printer attached to another computer'; and follow the steps.





Most printers (except higher end ones) are not capable of directly talking on a network (wireless or wired). Windows sharing allows you to print to the printer from any computer.





Hope that helps,


-mikeHow do I create a wireless connection between my laptop and printer?
you'll need something like this








http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?鈥?/a>
You can use a wireless print server. Very simple installation, just connect the print server to your printer and you should see it appear in your network.





Most router manufacturers have a print server product in their lineup. Check their websites.





Most printers are capable of this type of connection, except the really old ones.
You can buy a usb Bluetooth antenna for about 35 bucks and plug that into your desktop/laptop. Then purchase a Bluetooth capable printer. The computer will pick the printer up automatically without having to do much at all! The printer automatically recognizes the computer(s)! Bluetooth is the future...lol!
Is your laptop equipped with Bluetooth technology? Read the manual and it will tell you how to set it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment