Thursday, August 19, 2010

How to connect my printer to my wireless network?

Okay so I have a printer that I want to use with my other computers wirelessly. Like I have a laptop and suppose if I want to to print a document but I dont want to go to the computer that has the printer connected. Is there anyway that I can print it wirelessly?How to connect my printer to my wireless network?
Yes. Follow these instructions.





Click Start.


Click Control Panel.


Now find the Printers and faxes icon and click it.


Now click on add printer.


This will start and Add Printer Wizard that will let you find the printer on your network and set it up for your laptop.


Be sure once you have it set up that you have it as the default printer and you are good to go.How to connect my printer to my wireless network?
You can get wireless print servers (last I checked ~$100), but from my experience they are all a pretty big pain in the *** to get set-up.





Make sure you check the print server's list of compatible printers to make sure yours is on the list (won't usually be on the box, you will have to find it on the manufacturer's website), if it's not, don't assume it might work...even if there is a similar model on the list





I used to work at Fry's and these things got returned like crazy because people didn't understand how to use them and didn't check the compatibility lists.
  • skin itching
  • bob hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment