Thursday, August 19, 2010

How do I get a defalt printer to work on my computer?

I recently purchashed a new computer and it has windows vista, my printer is a lexmark Z645. When I installed my printer it set it up as a default printer but it doesn't work. The computer says that the printer is there and ready to use but when I try to print somthing it pulls up a note saying error in the script on this page. Does anyone have a solution?How do I get a defalt printer to work on my computer?
Most issues with Vista and older programs have been solved by the method of installing the older programs. You have to create a new administrator account if you have used the original Admin and just named it. Vista is designed to be more secure and this is one of the ways it does that...the default admin account that comes with it is more secure. It wont allow ';non-compliant'; programs to run from it. So you create a new account, make it admin and passworded. Then install the printer program in there AFTER uninstalling it from the previous account. Then if it still doesnt work, you RIGHT click the Lexmark program and tell it to ';run as'; and choose XP. If that doesnt solve it, then you will have to go to LexMark and see if they have any patches or new programs for Vista yet. SandraHow do I get a defalt printer to work on my computer?
Try to update the drivers for Vista on the lexmark webpage.
Your printer driver is probably incompatible with Vista. Go to the lexmark web site and look for a driver download for Vista. Many printers do not have them yet.
go to control panel-%26gt;printers-%26gt; right click and set it as a default. hit apply and then ok...ur printer is up and ready to run
  • skin itching
  • bob hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment