Saturday, August 21, 2010

How do I connect two computers to a printer through a wireless connection?

I have a laptop with vista and a desktop with Windows XP. How do I connect them to my printer wirelessly? I have a linksys wireless N router. Both have wireless internet connections already.





Thank you.How do I connect two computers to a printer through a wireless connection?
First, you have to network the two computers. Its really rather easy, just run the network setup wizard on each machine. To have them communicate both computers have to be on the same ';workgroup'; and each has to have file and printer sharing enabled. The process is identical whether wired or wireless. Just follow Microsoft home network guide. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using鈥?/a> or PC World guide http://www.pcworld.com/article/102461/ho鈥?/a>





Once you have your local network communicating, just share the printer. If the printer is connected to the desktop it will work from your laptop. You can then print from either machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment