Thursday, August 19, 2010

How do I change the default printer on my computer?

I need to change the default printer on my (windows xp home) computer from the nonexistant fax machine to the printer that's actually physically there. I don't have admin privilages on this computer, but all the other accounts have the default printer as, well, the printer, so I know each account has it's own settings, and I don't think this will cause a problem.





The reason why I need to change the printer is because I'm printing online coupons from couponsurfer, and it doesn't give me a chance to select the printer I want to print with, it just goes automatically to the default printer. If there's another way to solve this problem, I'm willing to accept a workaround.





Ask if you need more details!How do I change the default printer on my computer?
Start button


Setting


Printers and Faxes


Select the printer you wish to reassign


Right Click on that printer icon


Check Set As Default Printer





that should do itHow do I change the default printer on my computer?
go to start %26gt; control panel %26gt; printers and fax %26gt; then add printer if you have done so.





Then right click and choose default printer on the one
So obvilously you can;t goto Printers folder and right click the printer and Set As Default? So try right clicking the other faxmachine and delete it. And windows will automatically select the remaining printer as default. If this won't work. You need to login under Admin privelages and simply do what I stated above.
HELLO,


IF YOU ARE NOT SIGNED ON AS AN ADMINISTRATOR I AM NOT SURE IF YOU HAVE ACCESS TO THE CONTROL PANEL. IF YOU DO, YOU OPEN CONTROL PANEL AND CLICK ON PRINTERS AND FAXES ICON. WHEN THAT OPENS THERE SHOULD BE AN ICON FOR ANY AND ALL PRINTERS THAT ARE CURRENTLY OR HAVE IN THE PAST BEEN INSTALLED ON THAT COMPUTER. CLICK ON THE ONE THAT YOU WANT TO USE AS YOUR DEFAULT PRINTER. WHEN IT HIGHLIGHTS, YOU CAN RIGHT CLICK ON IT OR THERE MIGHT BE AN OPTION IN A SUB MENU ON THE LEFT OF YOUR SCREEN THAT SAYS ';SET AS DEFAULT PRINTER';. CLICK ON THAT OPTION. WHEN YOU HAVE DONE THAT, A CHECK MARK SHOULD APPEAR ABOVE THE PRINTER ICON THAT YOU WANT TO USE TO PRINT. ALL THIS WILL ONLY OCCUR IF THE SOFTWARE FOR THE PRINTER THAT YOU WANT TO USE HAS BEEN INSTALLED ON THE COMPUTER. IF THAT HAS NOT HAPPENED, THERE WILL NOT BE AN ICON FOR IT SO THE ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT APPLY. YOU CAN THEN INSERT THE DISK THAT CAME WITH THE PRINTER, OR IN THE CONTROL PANEL YOU CAN CLICK ON THE ADD NEW HARDWARE OPTION AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS TO INSTALL THE PRINTER. GOOD LUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment